Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wish me WORDS!

Last year, when I made the list of what I wanted in my life....the one that included living in another country (Dubai listed as one of my three preferred locations) and the same one where I wrote that my dream job was to be a writer, I really had NO idea the power of my words on paper. Not even a week later, I was offered the interview for the position in Dubai...and not even a month and a half following that, I was living here. SINCE I've been here, I've been offered the opportunity to write for three online magazines, one of them being SPIN's global magazine.

In the next month or so, I am to have my own little column about "Dating in Dubai" located on WalkaboutJones.com and HOPEFULLY, I will get off my ass and complete the article that I'm doing for Spin Earth, which can be found on Spinearth.tv under their "Middle East" section (among other articles to follow).

But until then.....I'm having a bit of "writer's block" or "page fright", if you will. So...I'm asking my friends to wish me words....wish me lots and lots of WORRRRDS!!

PS If you read anything that I post and feel like you have some creative, constructive criticism, PLEASE don't hesitate to give it to me. It really is my dream to finish my book while I'm here and trade Architecture school for a Publishing House. I know my blogs are 'lengthy'....this I've already been told. I'm trying to shorten, sweeten and get straight to the point, but also keep in mind that ultimately I want to be a NOVELIST. Not a blog writer...and books are created with lots of words. Lots and lots O words.

Wish me MANY! :)